Andrew Cuomo's budget is a farce. NY General Obligation Bond latest sales (at 9AM, 2/4/11) were at 5.00% to Investors and instead of the lower 3.357% which gave Cuomo's budget $5.6 Billion in borrowing costs. Cuomo's budget seriously underestimated borrowing costs by over $2 billion dollars.
In the news:
1. "Congressman Patrick McHenry, R-NC, has launched a broad investigation into the struggling market for debt issued by states."
2. "House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ... promoting a plan to enable near-insolvent states such as California and Illinois to go bankrupt as well."
3. Cuomo's deceit that he'll collect taxes from Indian Reservations on cigarettes, ignores the obvious that if Indian cigarettes include the tax, the reservations would lose all most all sales and thus a $130 million dollar lie.
4. Cuomo is still puffing up as he readies to run for President in 2016.
5. Cuomo wastes money on attracting business while ignoring repaying the Unemployment Insurance: State Trust Fund Loans of a growing $3.1 billion. Cuomo must pass this on in higher unemployment contributions by New York Employers and watch the Cuomo Business Friendly New York fizzle.
5a. The Delusional Cuomo, like Stalin, Mao and Fidel, thinks he and his committees can evaluate, "based on your ideas and what you bring to the table." Poor Andrew doesn't know Mao, Stalin, and Fidel's economic plans all failed even with their committees.
6. "[Investors] in November and December pulled a record $21 billion from funds that invest in municipal bonds — twice as much as they did at the depths of the 2008 credit crisis."
What will happen is Cuomo will run out of cash. He can try I.O.U's, like California, ($3 Cuomo's backed by the full faith and credit of NY and Cuomo). And/or, just not pay some bills. And/or moan and whine to the President and Congress. And/or pray for a Bankruptcy Chapter 10 for States.
P.S. Proposed Chapter 10 Bankruptcy along with above post will be sent to Newt Ginrich, Jeb Bush, Ron Paul and Rand Paul and faxed to the Representatives below on McHenry's House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Patrick McHenry 202-225-0316; Frank C. Guinta 202-225-5822
Ann Marie Buerkle 202-225-4042;Justin A. Amash 202-225-5144
Patrick Meehan 202-226-0280; Joe Walsh 202-225-7830
Trey Gowdy 202-226-1177; Dennis Ross 202-226-0585
Mike Quigley 202-225-5603; Carolyn B. Maloney 202-225-4709
Peter Welch 202-225-6790; John Yarmuth 202-225-5776
Jackie Speier 202-226-4183; Jim Cooper 202-226-1035